Bowling Green at TOLEDO
Sept. 15, 2012
Toledo, OH (Glass Bowl)
* Toledo finished with a 452-351 edge in total yards, converting an impressive 7-of-14 on third down.
* With tonight's win, the Rockets claimed their third straight victory in the series and secured the Battle of I-75 trophy. The I-75 trophy was slated to begin last year, but was not completed in time for the game.
* Tonight's attendance was 28,115, the 15th largest crowd in school history. The listed capacity in the Glass Bowl is 26,248. The school record is 36,852 vs. Navy on Oct. 27, 2001.
* Junior QB Terrance Owens went the distance under center for a second straight game and completed 20-of-28 passes for 303 yards with one TD. Owens surpassed the 300-yard plateau for the second consecutive contest and fourth time in his collegiate career.
* Redshirt freshman WR Alonzo Russell caught a team-high six passes for a season-best 152 yards, including a 66-yard TD reception in the first quarter. Russell came into tonight's contest with seven catches for 123 yards.
* Sophomore PK Jeremiah Detmer was a perfect 2-of-2 on field-goal attempts, booting a 27-yard field goal in second quarter and a season-tying best 42-yarder in the fourth. Detmer also kicked a 42-yard field goal at Wyoming last Saturday, Sept. 8. He is now 5-of-8 on field-goal attempts this season.
* Junior RB David Fluellen carried the ball a game-high 21 times for 81 yards and a collegiate-best two touchdowns. Fluellen was credited with a one-yard TD plunge in second quarter and a 22-yard scamper in the third. He also caught four passes for 53 yards.
* Sophomore RB Cassius McDowell rushed the ball eight times for 40 yards, averaging an impressive 5.0 yards per carry. McDowell also reeled in four catches for 40 yards.
Senior LB Dan Molls tied his season high with 13 stops. Molls also had 13 tackles at Wyoming last Saturday, Sept. 8.
*Redshirt freshman CB Cheatham Norrils picked off his first career pass in the second quarter and finished with a season-high seven tackles.
Redshirt freshman LB Trent Voss was credited with his first career sack in the second quarter.
* Sophomore FB Zac Rosenbauer carried the ball for the first time in his collegiate career, picking up three yards on a critical third-down conversion in the fourth quarter.
* Senior DE Hank Keighley caused a critical BGSU fumble on a fourth-down play late in the fourth quarter. Keighley finished with three stops.