Post-Game Notes for Akron Game
- Toledo moves to 9-3, 6-2 in MAC play. It is the most regular-season wins for UT since a 9-5 season in 2002. Toledo is alone in second place in the MAC West, a half-game ahead of 5-2 Ball State, which plays at Miami on Friday.
- Junior quarterback Terrance Owens and junior RB David Fluellen both sat out the contest due to ankle injuries. They were replaced by senior Austin Dantin and sophomore Cassius McDowell, respectively, in the starting lineup.
- Dantin started the second game of the season and 24th of his career. He finished 29-of-35 for a career-high 327 yards and tied his career best with five TDs. His 327 passing yards gives him 4,027 yards passing for his career. Dantin started in the season opener vs. Arizona on Sept. 1, and also saw action in one other game at QB this year, Oct. 6 vs. CMU.
- Senior RB David Pasquale saw the most action of his four-year career, coming off the bench to rush for 93 yards on 15 carries and catching seven passes for 110 yards. Pasquale caught a 55-yard TD pass in the second quarter, only the second TD catch of his career. Going into tonight, Pasquale had caught one pass and rushed for 49 yards this season.
- Three other seniors--WR Sam Gaymon, WR Jimmy Davison and DE Colby Kratch--started for the first time in their careers. Redshirt freshman Trent Voss started at star linebacker, the first start of his career.
- The Rockets were led in receiving by freshman Alonzo Russell, who caught a career-high nine passes for 139 yards and a career-best two TDs. Russell caught TDs of 23 and 39 yards.
- Bernard Reedy caught four passes for 19 yards. He now has 82 receptions on the season, which moves him into a tie with Eric Page (2009) for fifth on UT's season receiving list.
- Dan Molls' led the Rockets with 18 tackles, his 17th-consecutive game with at least nine tackles and 10th time this season he has had at least 13 tackles in a game. Molls leads the nation with 166 tackles.
- Redshirt freshman LB Trent Voss added 12 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, one interception and broke up two passes.
- Freshman tight end Alex Zmolik caught a two-yard TD pass, his second score of the season on just three receptions overall.
- Toledo moves to 9-8 all-time vs. Akron.
- Toledo is 20-4 in its last 24 MAC games over the past three seasons.
- Tonight's game was the final appearance in the Glass Bowl for 18 seniors. This class has compiled a 31-19 record in four years, 23-9 in MAC contests.
2012 Toledo Seniors
Robert Bell, LB, Grand Rapids, MI
Byron Best, CB, Greenwood, SC
Austin Dantin, QB, Tallahassee, FL
Jimmy Davidson, WR, Findlay, OH
Danny Farr, DT, Evanston, IL
T.J. Fatinikun, DE Perrysburg, OH
Sam Gaymon, WR, Redford, MI
Hank Keighley, DE, Dayton, OH
Colby Kratch, DE, Watertown, MN
Phil Lewis, DT, Grosse Pointe, MI
A.J. Lindeman, OL, Aurora, IL
Dan Molls, LB, North Royalton, OH
David Pasquale, RB, Cape Coral, FL
Ben Pike, DE, Mentor, OH
Jermaine Robinson, SS, Pittsburgh, PA
Cordale Scott, TE, Cleveland, OH
Mark Singer, FS, Cinnaminson, NJ
Jared Strait, TE, Wyandotte, MI