Post-Game Notes Following Toledo's 25-20 Win over Buffalo
- Toledo is now 8-1 on the season, marking its best start since 2001. UT also went 8-1 that year and went on to finish 10-2 overall.
- Toledo gained 412 yards of total offense, 297 of which came in the second half. 177 of Toledo's 241 rushing yards came in the second half.
- Junior RB David Fluellen rushed for 228 yards and two TDs before his hometown crowd. Fluellen, who grew up in nearby Lockport, NY, passed the 1,000-yard mark for the first time in his career and now has 1,181 yards on the season, the ninth-highest total for a Rocket in a season.
- Terrance Owens completed 12-of-25 passes for 171 yards and one TD. After a slow first half, Owens went 7-of-10 for 120 yards and the TD in the second half.
- Buffalo scored first on a 23-yard interception return by Cortney Lester. It is the first TD by UT's opponent's defense since WMU returned a pick for a TD on Nov. 8, 2011.
- Senior LB Dan Molls returned a fumble 13 yards for a touchdown in the first quarter, the second TD of his career. Molls returned as fumble 24 yards vs. WMU last year. Molls added a game-high 14 tackles.
- Junior Vince Penza punted a season-high nine times for 325 yards. He had seven punts in the first half alone, more than any single game this season except Arizona (8).
- Dan Molls led UT with 14 tackles. Molls entered the game leading the nation in tackling with 12.8 per game.
- Freshman tight end Alex Zmolik caught the first TD pass of his career, a seven-yarder from Owens in the third quarter.
- Toledo kicker Jeremiah Detmer missed three extra points in the wet conditions. Two were blocked and one was wide left. Detmer entered the game a perfect 32-of-32 on extra points.
- Sophomore WR Justin Olack returned to the starting lineup. He missed the EMU game on Oct. 13 due to injury and came off the bench last week vs. Cincinnati.