Toledo, OH - The Toledo women's tennis team dropped its regular-season finale to Mid-American Conference foe Bowling Green on Saturday, April 21. Giving up automatic points in No. 3 doubles and No. 6 singles due to only having five players, UT couldn't muster enough points for the win, losing 4-3.
The loss ends the Rockets' regular season with a record of 9-12, including a 2-6 mark in conference play.
Kelsey Anonsen, the squad's lone senior, did her part, going 2-0 in her final time competing on the UT Varsity Tennis Courts. Teaming with Lexy Pitt, the Toledo duo topped BGSU's Chiricosta/Reuland in No. 1 doubles, 8-3. The home team led throughout, and won three-straight games after BG had closed to within 5-3.
Anonsen also scored a win in the No. 1 singles spot, defeating Eccleston in straight sets, 6-4, 6-2. Pitt won in fourth-singles, 7-6(4), 6-1 over Hill, and Amanda Border beat BG's Johnson in No. 5 singles, 7-5, 6-4.
The Rockets will compete in the MAC tennis championships in DeKalb, IL from April 26-28.
1. Anonsen/Pitt (UT) def. Chiricosta/Reuland (BG), 8-3
2. Hill/Johnson (BG) def. Rygh/Border (UT), 8-6
3. BG by default
1. Anonsen (UT) def. Eccleston (BG), 6-4, 6-2
2. Chiricosta (BG) def. Rygh (UT), 6-2, 6-1
3. Reuland (BG) def. Coffman (UT), 6-3, 6-4
4. Pitt (UT) def. Hill (BG), 7-6(4), 6-1
5. Border (UT) def. Johnson (BG), 7-5, 6-4
6. BG by default
Contact: Brad Pettiford