Akron, OH - The Toledo women's tennis team was handed a loss on the road on Saturday, April 14, falling 7-0 at Akron. The loss gives UT a split for its two conference matchups this weekend, as it defeated Buffalo 4-3 on Friday.
The Rockets (9-10, 2-4 MAC) were unable to pick up a win against the Mid-American Conference front-running Zips, but were able to take singles matches Nos. 3 and 4 to three sets. They also gave up points in No. 1 doubles and No. 6 singles by default.
"Akron is a very talented team and I feel like we played very well in spots," said head coach Tracy Mauntler. "Our goal is for each player to get better every time we step on the court and I believe that is happening. Even though we lost, I feel like we are a better team than we were last week."
Toledo hosts two matches the weekend of April 20-21, against Western Michigan and Bowling Green, respectively, to close out regular-season competition.
1. Harutyuayan/Ina Jogasuria (Akr) def. Anonsen/Pitt (Tol), 8-4
2. Ika Jogasuria/Kuvakina (Akr) def. Rygh/Border (Tol), 8-5
3. Akr by default
1. Harutyuayan (Akr) def. Anonsen (Tol), 6-3, 6-3
2. Shkundina (Akr) def. Rygh (Tol), 6-3, 6-2
3. Ina Jogasuria (Akr) def. Pitt (Tol), 6-4, 6-7(3) (10-3)
4. Ika Jogasuria (Akr) def. Coffman (Tol), 3-6, 6-4 (10-5)
5. Berestetska (Akr) def. Border (Tol), 6-2, 6-1
6. Akr by default
Contact: Brad Pettiford